Recipe by Kim D.
I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, "Texas Cookin' - Lone Star Style" and changed it up just a bit. This soup is creamy and delicious! I made it for my DH because he had some dental work done. He normally is not a big soup fan, but he loved this recipe!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped celery, optional
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 slices crisp-fried bacon, crumbled
- chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, water and bouillon granules in a soup pot.
- ~NOTE~You might need to add just a little bit more water to barely cover potatoes.
- Cook, covered, until potatoes are tender.
- Add butter, Velveeta, sour cream, onions, celery, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Heat until cheese melts, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with bacon and chives on top.