- 12 medium potatoes, peeled (about 5 lb.)
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven, cover with water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook until tender.
- Drain; mash potatoes until smooth.
- In a saucepan, cook and stir butter, cheese, milk, and remaining salt until smooth.
- Stir into potatoes; fold in eggs.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.