Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful dish when you want something a little different than plain mashed potatoes.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled (about 5 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven, cover with water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook until tender.
- Drain; mash potatoes until smooth.
- In a saucepan, cook and stir butter, cheese, milk, and remaining salt until smooth.
- Stir into potatoes; fold in eggs.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
Yummm!! It is simple, different and gooood!! This recipe can be made with additional items of all sorts also to make it even more your own! I love it!
This was so good!! I added just a touch of bacon bits, and the family loved it, even the 6 yr old, who hates potatoes.. Thank you so much for this great recipe, I will be making it again and again..So simple and so yummy!