Recipe by IngridinSC
This is a recipe from Kraft Foods. Sounds like it might be a winner at our house!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, divided
- 6 ounces tortilla chips (7 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet.
- Add tomatoes, water and seasoning mix; stir. Cook 10 minute stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/4 cup sour cream.
- Place half the chips in 13x9-inch baking dish, cover with layers of half each of the meat mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with onions and remaining sour cream.