Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good South African standby often served at Braai's (barbecues).
- 500 g self-raising flour
- 1 (410 g) can corn kernels, drained
- 5 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 250 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, corn and cheese, reserving a little for the top.
- Add buttermilk and egg; mix to a tacky dough.
- Spoon evenly into a lightly greased and floured 23x8x8cm loaf tin.
- Smooth the top and sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 1 hour.