A quick easy dinner from Southern Living.
Make and share this Cheesy Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- additional paprika (optional)
- Combine the black and red pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with chiles and cheese.
- Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with additional paprika.