Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 8 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 pint sour cream or 1 pint plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup grated cheese (Cheddar or Colby)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and then mash the potatoes with the onion salt and sour cream.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with a non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place the potato mixture in the casserole dish and press down slightly.
- Top the potato mixture with the cheese.
- Cover the casserole and refrigerate for at least an hour before baking.
- (This can be made a day in advance and baked just before serving).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.