Recipe by Melissa Jeanne from Alabama
This easy-to-prepare version with bacon and chives is every bit as scrumptious as you'd find when dining out. I made it first at a big tailgate party and need I say it was a huge success. I can't tell you how many people were asking "who made that potato dish"..so many people thanked me. PLEASE try this recipe!! You will be making this recipe for every special occasion from now on!
- 8 -10 slices microwavable hickory smoked bacon
- 2 (24 ounce) bob gibson's country style mashed potatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (i prefer Breakstones)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F In microwave cook bacon until crisp. Crumble bacon. In medium bowl combine Bob Gibson's Potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, bacon and salt; stir to mix well.
- Place Potato mixture into 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle with lots of paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each with chopped fresh chives.