Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This easy-to-prepare version with bacon and chives is every bit as scrumptious as you'd find when dining out. I made it first at a big tailgate party and need I say it was a huge success. I can't tell you how many people were asking "who made that potato dish"..so many people thanked me. PLEASE try this recipe!! You will be making this recipe for every special occasion from now on!
- 8 -10 slices microwavable hickory smoked bacon
- 2 (24 ounce) bob gibson's country style mashed potatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (i prefer Breakstones)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 350°F In microwave cook bacon until crisp. Crumble bacon. In medium bowl combine Bob Gibson's Potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, bacon and salt; stir to mix well.
- Place Potato mixture into 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle with lots of paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each with chopped fresh chives.
This baked potato casserole was fantastic! It was was so quick and easy. Will be using it from now on. Thanks for posting.
I made this last night just adjusting for ingredients I had on hand. Used Aldi's instant mashed potatoes, regular bacon I had cooked and frozen ahead, regular cream cheese and Velveta slices instead of cheddar cheese. It was great anyway. I will be getting the "right" ingredients and do it again without the adjustments. This is a husband-pleasing dish.