Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Packer Game Day favorite at my house. I make this cheesy, spicy dip for football parties in the winter and baseball parties in the summer; it always scores big with guests! Super simple and easy to make, it goes a long way, too. We always have leftovers.
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can hormel chili (without beans)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- Brown hamburger and drain off excess grease.
- Transfer to large saucepan. Add cheese and cook gently over medium low heat until melted. Stir often; you don't want this to burn or you will have to start over.
- Once cheese is melted, add Chili and peppers, if you are using them. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Transfer to a chafing dish or slow cooker to keep warm when serving. Serve with lots of tortilla chips, picante salsa, and sour cream.
We make this frequently. Super easy and very tasty. We sometimes use the mex version of velveeta or rotel for an added kick. We have also added cream cheese as well. Can't go wrong with this recipe.....thanks for posting.