Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a variation on a recipe I got from a friend of mine. My 19-month-old loves it!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- seasoning (I used garlic powder and Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
- In a medium saucepan, combine corn, cream cheese and green chiles.
- Heat over medium high heat until the cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add shredded Cheddar cheese and seasonings; heat until cheese is melted.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and top with additional Cheddar cheese, as much as you like.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
- NOTE: I drained one can of corn and did not drain the other can.
- You may prefer to drain both cans if you want less sauce.
This was really good- the sweetness of the corn, the spiciness of the chilies... yum! I seasoned with chili powder and cumin. Excellent!
Rich and creamy.... even with reduced fat cream cheese. The mixture needed a bit of milk because it was a little too dry and sticky. I love green chiles with corn, so next time, I'd add an extra can of them. I think some chopped red onions would pep this up a bit more. I'll have to try that. Thanx for a new corn recipe!
I changed this recipe around a bit based on what I had on hand by skipping the cream cheese and using 3/4 stick of butter in it's place. I also sprinkled in some Mexican seasoning. I cooked this on the stove instead of putting it in a casserole in the oven with good results. Thanks for sharing!