Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a former co-worker. It is so good! Not for dieters, perhaps, but don't we all have to splurge sometime? I like this served with rice or a variety grain like couscous and a simple green vegetable like broccoli or asparagus.
- 6 bone-in chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese (I like to use Jarlsberg)
- 2 cups whipping cream (if you must, substitute 2 per cent evaporated milk)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- Bake chicken at 350°F in glass dish for 50 minutes after sprinkling with paprika.
- Heat cream; add mustard, mushrooms,and grated cheese to make a sauce.
- Place a cheese slice on each breast.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Bake until cheese melts and becomes slightly crisp, 10-15 minutes.