- 4 pork loin chops, each weighing about 6 oz
- 4 ounces rutland cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown ale
Directions See How It's Made
- (Rutland cheese (English) is an unusual mixture made from cheddar, beer, garlic and parsley. If you can’t find it, use plain cheddar and add garlic and parsley to the mixture).
- Broil or grill the chops under moderate heat for 7-10 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Turn them over and cook for a further 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Mix together the cheese, mustard and brown ale.
- Spread over the chops and broil or grill until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.