Recipe by ChiTownRattler
I've been making this dish since I was about 9 years old. It's a family and friends favorite. You can use whatever meat or spaghetti sauce you like. I used Ragu Chunky Garden Combination sauce.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 45 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Boil noodles until tender, then rinse off with cold water. At this time, you may want to mix both cheddars together an both mozzarellas together. ( I like to keep my cheeses separate).
- Mix whole jar of Ragu into meat until well blended. (DO NOT THROW AWAY JAR JUST YET) Let simmer for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Mix tomato paste and water in Ragu jar and shake a few seconds until well blended.
- Coat the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish with the mixture. (About 4-5 Tablespoons).
- Layer lasagna in the order: noodles, cheese, meat, cheese, noodles, cheese, meat, cheese, noodles, cheese. Don't put too much cheese between the layers. The bulk of it should go on the very top.
- Spread another 5-6 tablespoons of the tomato paste mixture on the top layer of cheese to prevent burning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and enjoy!