This is from Taste of Home. My Mom made it for a dinner party we had. She got so many compliments and requests for the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (8 oz)
- 1In a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- 2In a bowl, beat eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn, salt and pepper.
- 3Stir in corn bread mix just until blended.
- 4Fold in sautéed onion, jalapeño and 1 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5Transfer to a greased shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean; cool slightly.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Corn Spoon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 627.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 9.6 g