Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from Taste of Home. My Mom made it for a dinner party we had. She got so many compliments and requests for the recipe!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (8 oz)
- In a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn, salt and pepper.
- Stir in corn bread mix just until blended.
- Fold in sautéed onion, jalapeño and 1 1/2 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean; cool slightly.
Fabulous side dish!
I made this for my husband and he loved it. It was so moist I saved in the bread box and it was still moist the second day as well. Thanks
This is the best side for any kind of barbecue. I did not change a thing. We think we might add bacon bext time to make it even more decadent!!! Very rich but GREAT!!!!