Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful meatless main dish or can be used for a side dish with any chicken or pork.
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- Mix the shredded cheeses together.
- Grease an 8 inch baking dish and layer half the cheese mixture in the bottom, spoon on all the drained chilies, top with remaining shredded cheeses.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs till lemon colored, add the milk, hot sauce, if using, and flour, mix well, pour over cheese and chilies in pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, or till egg mixture is firm and beginning to brown on top.
- Cool about 5 minutes then cut into 6-8 squares.