Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful Chicken Monterey recipe. It is quite simple too 8)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite(Sweet Baby Ray's is ours)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in prepared dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over.
- Bake 20 minutes, until internal temperature registers 160°.
- Place 2 slices of cooked bacon over each chicken half and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with the diced tomato and scallion.
One word. Delicious. I am just starting to cook (still a teen) and I decided to make this for my family. It was a hit. My picky little sister LOVED it. I will defanitly make this again and keep this as a favorite! Easy and very yummie! Thank You for the recipie.
Made this last night for supper along with Cheesy Potatoes 21334. It tasted sooooo good. Even my picky husband and 7 yr old were pleased. The only changes I made was that I omitted the tomatoes (we hate them), crumbled the bacon, and drained the sauce before adding the cheese to be melted. The sauce that I drained beforehand, we used to pour back over the chicken once we had cut it. Very good recipe! I will share it!
This was so good and easy. I used garlic salt instead of regular salt. I used Kraft BBQ sauce which is great on chicken. I cut up pieces of Applewood Smoked Bacon and sauteed instead of frying strips. (I find it easier to cook bacon more evenly if you can stir it around, plus it seems to be less messy.) I also made sure to drain the liquid from the pan before I added the cheese and bacon to the chicken. Everything else I followed as instructed. Mine looked way different than the picture, but that's probably because I added a little more cheese, tomatoes and green onions than the recipe called for.