1/2 Photos of Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from Southern Living, way back in 1987. This is my favorite tetrazzini recipe. A great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey. Also, I often find myself with extra pasta...this is a great way to use that up as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (7 ounce) package angel hair pasta or 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan;bring to a boil.
- 2Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes. Add chicken to saucepan; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until done. Drain.
- 3Combine 6 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt, and olive oil in a Dutch oven, bring to a boil. Add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Do not overcook. Drain well and set aside.
- 4Saute green pepper in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Add flour, and stir well.
- 5Stir in milk, next 6 ingredients and 2 cups cheddar cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in chicken.
- 6Spread half of pasta in a greased 12x8x2 inch baking dish; spread half of chicken mixture over pasta. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese and top with almonds.
- 8Bake an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.0
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.5 mg
- Sodium 1228.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 46.1 g