Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Baked in Phyllo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown chicken in medium pan with olive oil.
- While chicken is cooking, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder,chili powder and italian seasonings. Cook chicken through, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Cheese Sauce:.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over low/medium heat. Stir in flour to make a thick paste. Keep stirring and add beer slowly. Next, add whipping cream. Add cheese a little bit at at time, stirring constantly. Once cheese is melted, turn heat to low and start on your phyllo dough.
- Oil bottom and sides of a 9x12 baking pan then lay down 3 sheets of phyllo. Add chicken, give the cheese sauce a stir and pour half over the chicken. Lay 3 more sheets of phyllo over chicken, then add broccoli and roasted red peppers and the rest of the cheese sauce. Cover with remaining sheets of phyllo, scrunching them up a little to make them brown and crispy. Drizzle a little olive oil on top to help brown.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.