Recipe by Chef TracyS
One night for dinner we were out of fresh potatoes, but we did have a couple of cans of potatoes on hand for soups, stews, pot pies that kind of stuff. So we just used the canned potatoes and other things that we had on hand and this wonderful potato side dish came from that.
- 2 (16 ounce) cansof diced potatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices of deli smoked ham, cut into small pieces and fried
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chives
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F
- In a nice size fry pan melt butter, add potatoes and cook until a nice golden color stirring often.
- Put golden potatoes in a large bowl add onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar, chives, salt and pepper. mix lightly but well.
- Pour into a well sprayed casserole dish and bake in 350°F oven for 23 minutes or until bubbly.
- We hope you enjoy.