Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother-in-laws recipe with a few tweaks to it. It is absolutely delicious, but beware, it is by no means the healthiest choice for dinner. It is very rich and filling, but it is wonderful for a big pasta dish if you're in the mood.
- 7 ounces pasta (any shape, penne or riggitoni work best)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bacon
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mature cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream (or half and half)
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain. Set aside.
- Drizzle oil in skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, onion, and garlic. Stir. Cook until bacon is cooked and onions are slightly browned.
- Add cheese and cream and stir until creamy and well blended.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve immediatly.
I just couldn't get into this...too much oil/grease
This recipe is so easy and very tasty! The bacon flavor is different, but really sets of this pasta dish. Thanks for a keeper!