Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A creamy dip with bacon and spring onions, baked and served warm in its own breadcase. People can't get enough of it and I always get asked for the recipe. Servings are a bit of a guess, but whether I serve it for 4 or 24 I never have any leftover.
- 1 loaf unsliced bread
- 250 g cream cheese
- 250 g sour cream
- 4 slices bacon
- spring onion
- extra bread or cracker, for dipping
- Slice the top off the bread and scoop out the middle,leaving a breadcase/shell. Keep the bread scooped out to dip with.
- Cook bacon and dice. I cook it in the microwave for 4-5 mins so it remains soft.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature or soften slightly in microwave.
- Slice spring onions. I'm not big on spring onions so I just 2-3 strands and use the green part only.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, diced bacon and sliced spring onions. (I find it easier/smoother to mix sour cream and cream cheese with beater and then stir in bacon and spring onions.).
- Put filling into breadcase and replace bread lid.
- Cook for 1 hr on 100°C.
- Dippers - halfway thru cooking add bread pieces to oven to toast. I also slice up a french stick and add this to the oven too.
- Serve with toasted bread/crackers/pita bread/corn chips.