Recipe by BrendaM
Enjoy these tasty biscuits warm from the oven. They taste as good as they smell! These can be cut into any shape.. squares, triangles, smaller fingers, etc. Keep in mind the smaller the size, the less baking time
Top Review by spice diva
The flavor of these biscuits was wonderful. Even my husband liked them, and he isn't big on bread with his meals so that's a big compliment. I did find however that the dough was very wet, and I had to add almost 1 whole cup of flour during the knead and roll process. I also had to bake them for an additional 7 - 10 minutes before they were done. Maybe you need to cut down on the amount of sour cream so the dough isn't so messy to work with. Other than that, it's a good recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Add sour cream stirring well to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead about 10 times until dough comes together.
- Roll or pat dough out to an 8" square.
- Cut into 12 rectangles.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy warm.