Recipe by *OzMan*
Just another baked potato, but it is very good. Great served with grilled steaks.
Top Review by peter coleman
Great recipe. Didn't have mushrooms, but I don't think it would have been a major taste changer. I also have to admire anyone who can make only four slices of bacon! I made the whole pound.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes, pat dry and pierce with a fork.
- Bake at 425 for 55-65 minutes or until soft.
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon in a skillet until browned, cool and crumble.
- In 2 Tbsp of bacon grease, saute onion and green pepper until still tender crisp, then add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are cooked, then set aside.
- When potatoes are cooked, cut a slice from the top of each.
- Scoop out the flesh, keeping the shell intact.
- Mash potato, adding 1 cup of the cheese, milk, butter, egg, salt, vegetable mixture and half of the bacon.
- Spoon mixture into the shells, top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until slightly brown on top.