Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The name says it all
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place asparagus and water in 2 quart microwaveable casserole dish; cover.
- Microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Cook and stir on medium heat until heated through.
- Pour sauce over asparagus.
- You can substitute steamed green beans or broccoli for the asparagus. Just choose your favorite.
This was OK for us. We didn't think the cheese sauce had much taste to it so I added about another 3/4 cup of cheese and pepper.
Tried this with fresh picked wild asparagus, and it is delicious! Creamy and cheesy, definitely a great side dish.