Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
For my use.
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- egg roll wrap
- 2 cups oil, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 1⁄2 ounces frozen sandwich steak meat
- 4 slices American cheese, halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat skillet with the tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Break frozen steak pieces into skillet; cook and stir until steak is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange egg roll wrappers on a flat surface; place a half slice of cheese on each one.
- Layer an equal amount of steak mixture on top of each cheese slice. Roll up egg rolls according to package directions, and seal edges, wetting with water if necessary.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet, or preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry the rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove; drain on paper towels. Serve warm with ketchup for dipping.
I saw this on a cooking show and logged in here just to find it yesterday. Made it without the ketchup ( I was out) and it was real good. Probably make again when I have ketchup.