2 hrs 30 mins
From Southern Living. I love lemon cake and cheesecake! This cake needs chill time. Prior to assembly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (4 ounce) white chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated (about 2 large lemons)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans cream cheese frosting, homestyle (or make your own)
- 1 (19 ounce) package cheesecake, frozen (with strawberry topping)
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup strawberry, fresh, halved
- mint sprig, fresh
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in chopped chocolate and lemon rind. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3Bake at 350° for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely. Wrap and chill cake layers at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- 4Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with one-third of chopped cheesecake and 1/2 cup raspberries. Repeat procedure twice. Place final cake layer on top of cake, cut side down. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
- 5Just before serving, drizzle lemon curd over cake. Garnish with remaining raspberries, strawberries, and mint sprigs.
- 6Test Kitchen Tip: If the lemon curd is a bit too thick to drizzle over the frosted cake, microwave it at HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir the warm lemon curd, and drizzle over cake using a small spoon.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake-Stuffed Luscious Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.8
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 756.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 120.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: