Recipe by Anita Harris
Found this in the March 3, 2003 issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine. Haven't made this yet but it sound really good, super easy and quick to put together. Will definetly be making soon.
Top Review by RN4IttyBits
Hmmm....I didn't think this was all that great. I tried everything to doctor it up alittle and it just didn't make it. For one, it looks very unappetizing...and it just tasted like weak chili with cheese in it. :( I ended up making some frozen Tilapia out of the freezer.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) canchopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- coarsely crushed corn chips (optional)
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until blended; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired.