Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in the March 3, 2003 issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine. Haven't made this yet but it sound really good, super easy and quick to put together. Will definetly be making soon.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) canchopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- coarsely crushed corn chips (optional)
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until blended; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired.
Hmmm....I didn't think this was all that great. I tried everything to doctor it up alittle and it just didn't make it. For one, it looks very unappetizing...and it just tasted like weak chili with cheese in it. :( I ended up making some frozen Tilapia out of the freezer.
Found the exact recipe and was about to post, but did my homework first and checked it out sure enough it was already here. The only difference I see is the othre recipe calls for a package of onion soup mix instead of the T. of dried onion, so it may have more of an onion flavor. I plan on trying when the weather cools off here in Texas!
This was good and hot, couldn't find the green chiles, but added more taco seasoning. That gave it more of a taco flavor, but it was still good.