Recipe by House
Just tried this one tonight, and it's as good as it looked/sounded. Got this from "My Great Recipies" packet 20. The curry powder gives this dish a different flavor from the norm.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet or saucepan, saute together beef and onions until browned.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, salt, chili powder and curry powder.
- Stir until blended.
- Simmer over moderate heat for 12-15 minute.
- Serve hot, topping each serving with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Good with bread, cold beverage and fruit.