Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy dinner for two.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Lightly crisp the flour tortillas on both sides.
- Place one on a baking sheet and spread the refried beans on the tortilla.
- Place another tortilla on top and spread out the onion and red pepper.
- Then top with monterey jack cheese.
- Place third tortilla on top of other two tortillas and spread the colby jack cheese on top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until the cheeses are melted.
- Cut into half and serve. May also cut into wedges and serve as an appetizer.
- I usually double this and put one on a plate in the refrigerator covered with tin foil and save for another day. Use within a few days.