Very addictive and wonderful served warm. Cheese can be omitted for traditional tea biscuits!
Make and share this Cheese Tea Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Sift and measure flour.
- Add baking power and salt.
- Stir in grated cheese (optional).
- Cut up shortening and add.
- Pour in milk.
- Mix until sticky.
- Put on lightly floured surface and kneed 8-10 times.
- Roll out or pat until half an inch thick.
- Cut with floured glass.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12-15 minutes or light golden brown.
Great recipe but suggest you cut in shortening then add cheese. Either way yummie also have used it for raisin tea biscuit adding a little sugar and using butter instead of shortening