Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids will eat this.
- 3 large zucchini, cut in half crosswise
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a saucepan combine zucchini with salted water to cover; bring to a boil, decrease heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 7 minutes until partially cooked.
- Drain and immerse in cold water to cool; drain again.
- Cut zucchini halves in half lengthwise; using a small spoon scoop out seeds and a small amount of pulp.
- Place zucchini, cut sides down, on paper towels to drain for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses, parsley, and crumbs together; stir to mix.
- Arrange zucchini pieces, hollow side up, in an oiled baking dish.
- Fill each piece with an equal amount of cheese mixtures.
- Sprinkle with paprika; bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes until zucchini are tender and cheese is melted; serve immediately.
I don't know why, but neither kid liked this. I thought it was good, just too salty. I might try again w/out the parmesan to cut back on the saltiness? *I* thought it was tasty & it was very easy.