Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A creamy noodle dish
Make and share this Cheese Stuffed Tortellini in a Garlic Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt (for noodles)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves (more or less depending on your taste preference)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (taste preference)
- black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon oregano
- Boil noodles in water with olive oil and salt for 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a saute pan or large skillet melt better.
- Add garlic and cook til lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add in white wine.
- Add flour and stir over medium heat until all the butter is incorporated.
- Whisk in half and half until a thick cream forms.
- Add in chicken stock and simmer for roughly five minutes.
- Gradually whisk in shredded cheeses.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano.
- If sauce is too thick, thin down with milk.
- Add in cooked Tortellini and serve.