Recipe by Miss Annie
This Middle Eastern recipe is terrific. We sometimes have this by itself for a light Sunday supper.
- 2 (1 lb) eggplants
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggplants lengthwise into halves.
- Cut out and cube enough eggplant from shells to measure about 4 cups, leaving a 1/2-inch wall on side and bottom of each shell; reserve shells.
- Cook and stir eggplant cubes, onion and garlic in oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except reserved shells and cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Place eggplant shells in ungreased shallow pan; spoon peanut mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle cheese over filled shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F until eggplant is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.