Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a quick but tasty appetizer for a party that I got from a friend. Don't be afraid of the raw bacon. It cooks up when broiled.
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb raw bacon, chopped
- 1 dash dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 loaf miniature party rye rounds (small squares)
- Mix together all ingredients for spread and chill.
- Spread on little rye breads and broil in oven until lightly browned.
Very tasty. Hubby loved them and wants me to make them again for him for breakfast. I wasn't sure whether to use oil based salad dressing or creamy salad dressing. I used Paul Newmans Ranch Dressing. Loved the worchestershire sauce flavour. Thanks for posting.