A new way to serve spinach! Cook in 6 individual soufflé dishes or one 2 quart casserole.
Make and share this Cheese Spinach Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- White Sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and heat until bubbly. About 3 minutes.
- Gradually add milk or cream, stirring constantly; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Turn off heat and stir egg yolks and onion into sauce, along with spinach and cheese.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Gently fold into spinach mixture and turn into greased 2 qt casserole.
- Set in pan of hot water and bake about 20 minutes for individual soufflés and 30-40 minutes for the 2-quart dish.
- Makes about 6 -1 cup servings.
- Serve immediately.
This was an attractive and delicious recipe! We followed Caroline's recommendation and sauteed the onions beforehand, and they blended in nicely. We baked the souffle in 6 large ramikens, and were pleased with the consistency and the heat-retaining properties of the dishes. This will definitely be made again and again!
Light and airy souffle; next time I will saute the onions before adding; they dominated the flavors with their crunch/strong taste. Still a great recipe. Thanks for posting!