My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and salt; scald.
- 2Sprinkle in Cream of Rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 3Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 4 minutes.
- 4Add butter and cheese; stir until melted.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 6Beat egg yolks until lemon colored.
- 7Gradually blend warm rice mixture into egg yolks.
- 8Fold in about 1/3 of beaten egg whites, then remainder.
- 9Pour into an unbuttered, 1-1/2 qt souffle or baking dish, OR, first lightly butter the souffle dish and dust with Parmmesian cheese.
- 10Sprinkle top lightly with Parmesan.
- 11Bake in preheated 325 degree oven until puffed and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.7
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 201.5 mg
- Sodium 517.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g