Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Favorites cookbook that our local Make a Wish Foundation sells (www.makeawishutah.org).
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Mix in flour and cook, making a roux.
- Stir in milk slowly and cook until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Serve over steamed veggies or baked potatoes.
It's the perfect simple cheese sauce recipe.