Recipe by Julesong
I love apple and cheese together, and here's a simple, tasty soup that features them! Kids love this one, too.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in the flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in the milk; cook, stirring all the while, until thickened.
- Gradually stir in the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add juice; heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Makes four 1 1/4 cup servings.
- You can substitute 4 cups plain gouda for the different cheeses, as well; try different combinations!