Recipe by Loves2Teach
Super moist with just a touch of sweetness, this quick bread is good with a little cream cheese and thin slices of cucumber or lightly toasted and spread with your favorite preserves. Dried dill weed can be used if u can’t find fresh ones.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Whisk cottage cheese, eggs, milk, sugar, butter and dill in large bowl until blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- (Batter will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan or wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.