Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from a lady at our cardiac Christmas party about 5 years ago. I know the combination sounds odd, but it really does taste good....and...it's habit forming.
- 2 (11 ounce) bags Cheetos cheese curls (not crunchy)
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white Karo
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Empty cheese curls into a strainer & shake all the excess cheese powder off. Spray a large roaster with butter spray; put cheese curls in roaster. Preheat oven to 250 deg.
- Combine butter, brown sugar & syrup in medium pot; cook until this comes to a boil; boil 1-2 minutes. Add baking soda & stir until it foams. Pour mixture over cheese curls & mix until all are well coated.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 10-12 minutes. Then pour onto cookie sheet that has been sprayed with butter spray (or lined with wax paper). Stir occasionally so curls don't stick together.
- Store in zip lock bag.
- I'm going to say 4-6 servings. I don't really know how many this will serve. The recipe I got didn't say, so I'm just guessing.