Recipe by Heather Dee
My mom has made these amazing cookies as long as I can remember. These cookies are always on the list of desserts we make for Christmas in our family. They are absolutely wonderful.
Top Review by txn_mommy
These are very yummy. My Mom has made them for years as well, but we call them Texas Gold Bars. Very sweet & rich, but oh so good. Thanks for posting...I had lost my copy of the recipe. :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 lb confectioners' sugar (box)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9"x13" pan.
- Mix together the first three ingredients. Do not use a mixer.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Spread out evenly on bottom of pan with your hands.
- Make sure that the mixture is even, and packed pretty firm on the bottom of the pan.
- Set pan aside.
- Soften your 8 oz. cream cheese in the microwave. (I soften mine at 50% power for 30 seconds.).
- Using a mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, eggs, and confectioners sugar. (Gradually adding in the sugar so that it is easier to mix).
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the crust already inside the pan.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with confectioners sugar.