Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this fun recipe in an old Bon Appetit magazine. It was paired with a "Warm Scallop Salad with Cumin" recipe which I am also submitting. These could be used for a variety of dishes, such as pasta or sauteed vegetables.
- Invert one 1+1/4 c custard cup.
- Cover with paper towel.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat.
- Sprinkle a generous 1/3 cup of cheese, forming a 6-inch round.
- Cook until cheese melts and bottom is golden, pressing with a spatula to flatten, about 4 minutes.
- Turn cheese over.
- Cook until second side is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Place cheese round on top of towel covered custard cup.
- Top with two folded paper towels and press down on cheese to form cup shape, about 30 seconds.
- Remove paper towels.
- Turn cheese baskets right side up to cool.
- Repeat with remaining butter and cheese, using clean towels for each basket.
- Can be made six hours in advance and stored airtight at room temperature.