Recipe by tacomagirl23
This my own manicotti recipe that I thought I would share. Many people have mentioned how difficult manicotti is to make but I have a simple and fast way to make a delicious meal. Feel free to add any of your favorite ingredients in place of the spinach and artichoke hearts, such as sun-dried tomatoes or black olives. This dish is also great with chicken breasts coated with italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and lightly fried in olive oil.
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (low-fat ok)
- 1 (8 ounce) box manicotti
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil manicotti shells until almost done, about 7 minutes. Shells should be somewhat soft but still have some rigidness to them.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, one egg, spinach and artichoke hearts, salt & pepper until well combined. Spoon mixture into a ziplock back and cut off one corner.
- Cover the bottom of a rectangular baking pan with some of the spaghetti sauce.
- Using the plastic baggie like a piping bag, squeeze mixture into each manicotti shell until full. Place on top of spaghetti sauce, leaving space in between each shell. Leaving space will help with serving later. Cheese mixture should fill approximately 8-10 shells.
- Top the shells with more of the spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.