Goat Cheese, Artichoke and Ham Strata II
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream or 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons herbs, de provence (or try oregano and rosemary if you can't get it)
- 12 ounces smoked ham, chopped
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup Fontina cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9 glass baking dish,.
- Whisk milk and oil in a large bowl. Stir in bread. Let stand until liquid is absorbed- about 10 minutes.
- Whisk cream and next four ingredients in another large bowl. Stir in goat cheese.
- In a small bowl combine herbs.
- place half of bread mixture into prepared dish.
- Top with half of the ham, artichoke hearts, herb and cheeses.
- Pour half of cream mixture over.
- Repeat layering with remaining bread, ham, artichoke, herbs, cheeses and cream mixture.
- Bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- note* can be made ahead of time, cover and chill and baked the next day.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in sunny So. Cal with my hubbie and two daughters. We live close to the beach and spend as much time there as possible- especially my husband who surfs as much as possible! We love to go camping, travel to Hawaii and hang out around the house with friends and neighbors (when I'm not shuttling kids here and there!) I enjoy cooking and have a passion for cookbooks, but since I found this website and allrecipes.com I can't find an excuse to buy any more!