Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Very tasty and easy. The goats cheese makes a nice contrast to the mushrooms and pastry. The best type of goats cheese is that with a rind.
- 100 g goat cheese
- 4 large flat field mushrooms
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 375 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 220C and put a baking sheet in to heat.
- slice goats cheese into four pieces and leave rind on (tip - heat the knife in hot water to make slicing easier)
- remove the stem from the mushrooms and clean up if needed. Put a circle of cheese in each mushroom. top with a sprinkling of thyme and season if desired.
- Cut pastry into 4 strips lengthways. Wrap each mushroom in a strip of pastry so the ends are underneath. Make slashes on the top of each pastry with a knife but donr go all the way through and brush the exposed mushroom with the oil.
- bake on the hot sheet for 15 mins until pastry is golden and cheese is oozy and delicious.