Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy and cheesy, this needs only a salad and bread for a very good dinner.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Cook fettuccine as label directs; adding spinach for the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain.
- In saucepan, mix milk and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add butter and salt.
- Cook on med-hi heat, stirring, until mixture boils.
- Stir in Parmesan and bleu cheese.
- Add to drained fettuccine; toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was quick and easy. As long as you like the taste of blue cheese you'll love this dish, because it really stands out!
I tried it once with bleu cheese, but the family pretty much ixnayed it right off. I liked it, but they think I'm weird that way. Bleu cheese is sharp and it dominated the meal too much. I diced up some left over chicken and mixed it in for lunch the next day. Yum. The second time around, I switched the bleu cheese with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup feta (oh, what we do with ingredients on hand). This version was milder and it went very well with a salad and grilled chicken. I think that next time I use it as a side dish, I'll be able to add herbs/spices that will compliment the main course.