Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Cooking Light. I think it would be pretty if you used the filling in cherry tomatoes and served them as an appetizer.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut tops off tomatoes; discard. Carefully scoop out tomato pulp, leaving shells intact; finely chop pulp.
- Combine pulp with remaining ingredients. Place tomato shells in an 8-inch square baking dish. Divide pulp mixture evenly among tomato shells.
- Broil 2 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to blister and topping is browned.
This is a great way to use fresh tomatoes from a farmers market! I didn't have fresh herbs on hand, so I used dried but still delicious!
Mmm, really yummy. I had to improvise with ingredients on hand, so used an olive tapenade rather than chopped kalamatas. Also, I baked them instead of broiling them. Simple, easy, delicious!