Recipe by dicentra
This is from The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m typing it up for ZWT II. “This recipe is a ‘cheat soufflé’ for those who feel intimidated by the French dish. It has a soufflé-like texture.”
- 2 leeks, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 egg whites, stiffly whisked
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently fry leaks in butter until soft and moist. Add all remaining ingredients except sesame seeds, wheat germ, Parmesan and egg whites and mix together.
- Gently fold in whisked egg whites.
- Pour mixture into a buttered oval pie dish or soufflé dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds, wheat germ and Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until firm. Serve hot.