Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not really a "recipe," but my platter combo for accompanying dry red wines. The sharp cheeses pair well with reds as do the fruits.
- 1⁄2 lb italian gorgonzola, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 lb aged sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 lb aged asiago cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 bunches red grapes
- 2 bunches green grapes
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup candied almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 -10 fresh figs, halved (when in season in the fall)
- Arrange the components on a large wooden cutting board.
- Keep the honey near the gorgonzola (it's a great pairing).
- Enjoy with your favorite red wines!
I love the honey with the gorgonzola! I usually pile the gorgonzola on an apple slice but the honey is verrry nice! SA:)
Pretty good basic assembly of cheeses and fruit for any party, can be easily modified to your selection of cheeses.