Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great morning smoothie with protein to keep you going!
- 1 cup fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use soy)
- 1 -2 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 5 -6 ice cubes
- If you're not used to wheat germ try 1 tbsp first. If you really like wheat germ you can increase amount for added fibre and nutrition content.
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend to desired consistency.
- If it's thicker than you like add additional orange juice a little at a time. If it's thinner than you like add additional ice cubes.
- If you use frozen cherries instead you may need less ice cubes.
It's a little tart but the honey adds a nice sweetness and the orange juice always mixes well with cherries. I'm glad I tried this. I might throw in some sunflower seeds next time.
I used frozen cherries and only one teaspoon of wheat germ. My DD did enjoy this smoothie and the honey evens out the "tang" of the orange juice and cherries.